Terms & Conditions
Bride of the Year 2019
Please read the following carefully before entering the Bride of the year competition:
- Entries are open to brides who got married between January 2019 and December 2019.
- Entries are exclusive to Bruidsgids, and may not be entered into any other bridal competition. Should the wedding be entered elsewhere, the Bruidsgids Bride of the Year entry will be automatically disqualified.
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- The competition is not open to the directors and employees of Bruidsgids or their immediate family members or any sponsor or service provider associated wit Bruidsgids.
- A non-refundable entry fee of R100 is payable upon submission of your entry form.
- Entries close on 14 January 2020.
- Entries will be considered incomplete and thus disqualified if all the documents and photos were not submitted to Bruidsgids prior to the closure of the competition.
- Entries received after the date of closure will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
- All entries and materials submitted become the property of Bruidsgids and may be used for current and future promotional and marketing purposes, without compensation or any other copyright consideration.
- Bruidsgids reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries.
- The top 12 candidates as selected by a panel of judges will be announced on 28 January 2020.
- The top 12 finalists will be notified by means of the contact details as provided to us.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be taken into account.
- Public voting for the finalists opens on 28 January 2020 and closes on 11 February 2020 at midnight.
- The winner will be announced at Bruidsgids Expo4Brides 2020.
- SMS votes for the Top 12 are charged at R1.50 per SMS.
- The finalist who receives the most public votes will be announced as the winner.
- If selected as a Top 12 finalist, you agree to make yourself available to attend Expo4Brides. If, as a finalist, you are unable to attend Expo4Brides, you agree to forfeit you position.
- Finalists are responsible for their own transport to and from Expo4Brides and their accommodation.
- Bruidsgids reserves the right to make announcements and/or publications about the finalists and winner on social media.
- Bruidsgids will not be held liable for any costs or expenses incurred during and for purposes of the competition.
- Bruidsgids is not responsible for any entries not received by us, regardless of the cause thereof.
- Bruidsgids is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or for any entry submissions that are processed late or incorrectly or incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the internet or any website.
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for their cash value.
- Bruidsgids, sponsors and all service providers will not be held responsible for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions in connection with, or resulting from, participation in the competition or acceptance of the prize.
- Bruidsgids may at its absolute discretion vary, amend, suspend or terminate the competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall be attached to Bruidsgids as a result thereof.
- Your entry into this competition constitutes your acceptance of these terms and condition.