Terms & Conditions
Bride of the Year 2023
Please read the following carefully before entering the Bride of the Year 2023 competition:
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- The competition is not open to the directors and employees of Bruidsgids or their immediate family members or any sponsor or service provider associated with Bruidsgids.
- A non-refundable entry fee of R120 (VAT incl.) is payable upon submission of your entry form.
- To be eligible for entry you need to have gotten married from December 2022 to December 2023.
- Entries close on 31 January 2024 at 12:00pm.
- Voting lines will open on 14 February 2024 at 12:00pm for all participants.
- Voting closes 28 February 2024 at 12:00pm.
- Top 20 will be announced on 29 February 2024.
- Top 20 voting starts 1 March 2024 at 12:00pm.
- Top 20 voting closes on 15 March 2024 at 12:00pm.
- Top 12 will be announced on 19 March 2024.
- Top 12 voting starts on 20 March 2024 at 12:00pm.
- Top 12 voting closes on 3 April 2024 at 12:00pm.
- The winner will be announced on 5 April 2024.
- The winner will be contacted directly via the contact details provided with their entry.
- Entries will be considered incomplete and thus disqualified if all the documents and photos were not submitted to Bruidsgids prior to the closure of the competition.
- Entries received after the date of closure will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
- All entries and materials submitted become the property of Bruidsgids and may be used for current and future promotional and marketing purposes, without compensation or any other copyright consideration.
- Bruidsgids reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries.
- The Top 20 and Top 12 finalists will be notified by means of the contact details as provided to us.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be taken into account.
- The manner of the announcement of the winner will be confirmed.
- SMS votes are charged at R5.00 per SMS.
- How the shortcode works: SMS abc to 12345 (R5/SMS) 1 SMS = 1 Vote
- The finalist with the most public votes will be announced as the winner.
- Bruidsgids reserves the right to make social media announcements and/or publications about the finalists and winners.
- Bruidsgids will not be held liable for any costs or expenses incurred during and for purposes of the competition.
- Bruidsgids is not responsible for any entries not received by us, regardless of the cause thereof.
- Bruidsgids is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or any entry submissions that are processed late, incorrectly, incomplete, or lost due to a computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the internet or any website.
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for their cash value.
- Bruidsgids, sponsors, and all service providers will not be held responsible for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions in connection with, or resulting from, participation in the competition or acceptance of the prize.
- Bruidsgids may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or terminate the competition, and the entrant agrees that no liability shall be attached to Bruidsgids as a result thereof.
- Your entry into this competition constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- By entering this competition, you give us permission to share your details with the sponsors of the Bride of the Year 2023 competition.
- LogicSMS is a member of WASPA and is bound by the WASPA Code of Conduct. Customers have the right to approach WASPA to lodge a complaint in accordance with the WASPA complaints procedure. LogicSMS may be required to share information relating to a service or a customer with WASPA for the purpose of resolving a complaint. WASPA web site: www.waspa.org.za.
- LogicSMS has the right to suspend or terminate the services of any customer who does not comply with these terms and conditions or any other related contractual obligations.
- LogicSMS has the right to take down any content (hosted as part of the service) that it considers illegal or for which it has received a take-down notice.
- Handset requirement: Access to an SMS application. FREE SMS’ DO NOT APPLY.
- This SMS service will not be used to do any of the following:
1. to intentionally engage in illegal conduct
2. to knowingly create, store or disseminate any illegal content
3. to knowingly infringe copyright
4. to knowingly infringe any intellectual property rights, or
5. to send spam or promote the sending of spam
- This service may only be used with the billpayer’s permission.
- Support: email@example.com | 066 580 5242